Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Something...

... old...



My Halloween displays change yearly except for my oldest still-life, the witch's table. It is my favorite decoration. I added a few things this year like a new spell book and a gazing ball.

Something new...



Photocopied pictures from my father's anatomy book onto velum paper then placed inside various glass containers. You should see it all lit up with candles. Very eerie and FREE!

Something borrowed...



I borrowed this idea from an old Halloween magazine I saved from my college days. I have been dying to make this pumpkin display but knew that folding a 400+ page book would be tedious. Thank you to Morgan for folding pages for hours to help me realize a Halloween fantasy!

Something orange?



Yes, I actually painted my door orange for Halloween. We love it! Even Josh! The color? Jack-o-lantern orange. I love it with my feather wreath, thank you Target.

Can't wait for next year and the exciting new additions I purchased today, 75% off!

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

I think Cash in his skeleton jammies is the best. What a little darling.

And I love the book jack-o-lanterns.

Can't wait to see what you do next year!

Chadlee said...

The pumpkins from pages are cool! I had to blow up the picture to see how it worked.

libbie said...

I LOVE how much you LOVE Halloween! Love everything . . .. including the door! So are you gonna keep it orange???

LAENA said...

Your witch's table gets more and more awesome every year! The door... SWEET! Is this going to be like a new seasonal decorating ritual? Like red for Christmas, pink for Valentine's... those are the only ones I can think of off hand.
And Cash... holy crap! He's so big! I love that all three boys have worn that skeleton :) Or is that a new one?
btw... 46 days!!!

Liz said...

I love ALL your decorations, but I'm especially impressed with your brave painting-of-the-door. It looks AWESOME though!!! Your courage paid off. :D

Angie said...

Awesome! I was actually thinking of you the other day as I shopped the Halloween clearance at Target. We were so sad to miss your party, sounded like a blast!!!

The Yancey Family said...

I love it! I can't wait to get Christmas decorations up now!

Little Lovables said...

so pretty! love the orange door, wow!