Monday, September 22, 2008

Pointy-shoed girls

I am reading a fantastic series called "The Last Apprentice." It is for young readers so it moves very fast and I think it was written for boys. Anyway, it is about a Spook and his apprentice. They travel their land ridding the people of all types of cratures of the dark; witches, boggarts, fiends, etc. Well the Spook has warned his young apprentice to never trust a girl who wears pointy shoes. It is good advice as it foreshadows all kinds of trouble they have with witches. Well I love Halloween and I throw a witches' tea for my gal pals. Here is a pic of my new shoes for my party. Never trust a girl who wears pointy shoes.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

way cute shoes. I've never been successful at pulling off the pointy toe shoe--My feet just won't cram into that shape. And pointy toe shoes ALWAYS reminds me of "Witches" by Raul Dahl, a childhood favorite. None of the witches have toes--just a blunt end of a foot--and all cram their feet into pointy toe shoes so no one will suspect them :)

The Yancey Family said...

I love pointy toed-shoes, but every time I put them on, they look kind of funny. Guess I am not stylish enough, or witchy enough!

libbie said...

I just love those shoes! And I don't think you are that witchy . . . so keep on wearing them!

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a witch or wearing pointy shoes! They look lovely!

I just learned that Libbie is on her way to see you...how fun! Have a fantastic time!