Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My baby "sprinkle!"

In case you were wondering, I have the best mom. She not only takes amazing care of her family but she is brilliant and creative and throws the best parties. Her latest venture was a baby shower for ME!!! Ok, it's not exactly PC for a family member to throw you a shower and it's not exactly appropriate to have a shower for the third baby... but she didn't throw a shower she threw a "sprinkle" and it wasn't for the baby it was for ME!!! She invited 15 of my nearest and dearest friends and threw a very fun afternoon celebrating my third and final pregnancy. It was at a country club and the decor was divine (blue and brown like the baby's nursery) and the food was amazing. The icing on the cake, she flew my best friend, Libbie, all the way from Washington! If that wasn't enough my grandma (Red-haired grandma as Cole calls her) surprised me by coming in from Arizona. It was so amazing to be together. Thank you to all my friends for indulging me during my final pregnancy!!! McCall, I know how much you helped mom and I appreciate your creativity and hard work. I can't wait till you have a baby so I can return the many favors. Mom, there are no words to describe what you mean to me! Thank you for making these last 9 months so much easier and more enjoyable.



Even the lemonade was colored blue to go with the color theme!

U-shaped table

Each place setting had a hand-painted charger, hand-sewn napkin, two tea-lights and a baby bassinet cupcake

Thank you so much mom and sis!

Me behind the amazing fresh flower arrangements mom slaved on!

My BFF Libbie. What a hottie she is!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

It was SO fun! Thanks for inviting me. And your mom does throw wonderful parties--the whole car was raving about some of the others she's done :)

Oh, and you look great!

The Yancey Family said...

WOW! I can see where you get your good taste in parties and gifts from! That is so pretty!!