Monday, October 20, 2008

A photo of another messy child...

I feel like my blog has fallen into the trap I feared it would. It has the same stereotypical pictures and stories that all mom blogs have. I can only hope that in my golden years I will appreciate having blogged so much about my children.

I was not so appreciative of my kids today. And instead of cleaning up the mess, my dear husband (who really is a dear) decided it was more imperative to take a picture. Finn got into the dish soap (RANT: JOSH PUT UP THE CHILD-PROOF LOCKS). He loves to rub lotion, gel, soap on his head. I think he thinks he is helping mommy by getting himself clean. Anyway, at least he smelled like granny smith apples which are one of my faves!


2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh kids. My Joshy does the same thing. Everything gets rubbed in his hair--water, soap, hand sanitizer, lotion, and today at lunch Tuna Sandwich that was on his hands. Mmmm! Makes you love being a mommy.

And I just read your post about the owl (how did I miss that?) That is totally spooky. I probably would have done the same thing. Nice to have someone close to come and help.

Elizabeth said...

Believe it or not you are not the only one who this happens to. Oliver once at about Finn's age while I was in the shower took a whole nursery size tub of vaseline and rubbed it all in his hair. Vaseline is very hard to get out, it's like grease, so at least Finn uses soap. Hopefully you can just laugh at it!