Monday, November 3, 2008

We did the mash, we did the monster mash!




So my favorite time of the year culminates at our annual couples party! We have a great group of friends and an evening of fine food and fun. Josh loves games (duh he's Mr. competitive!) We give out prizes for costumes,but this year we wanted people motivated to really go for it so we upped the prize to be gift cards! Next year we are going to try and up the ante even more by giving out awesome hotel stays to those who really get into costume.

We are at a loss because we thought of at least 6 other couples we would love to include. We may have to move the shindig to a hotel but we might try next year to do the games down in the basement.

My favorite part was the entertainment. I had set out in August to find performers and such only to realize that I have the most talented friends around. So my talend and gracious friends performed the crap out of some great theatre pieces and my scary story readers entertained the crowd with gut-busting horror and terror! Next year I really want to hire a fortune teller, how do you find a fortune teller?

Brace yourself for more Holiday revelry! Putting together a little glimpse of our Haunted Mansion!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

It really was so much fun.

I thought for sure the reason you hadn't posted yet was because you'd gone into labor...

Elizabeth said...

It was such a great party! We had a great time! I hope we make it on the invite list for next year. I'm with Jacqui, I was hoping that you were off having a baby!

The Yancey Family said...

I love your costumes! We look forward to Halloween and our couples party all year, but we couldn't go this year. SO sad! We did go to some kiddie parties, but it just wasn't the same. I want to see some pictures of the boys' costumes!

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

This is awesome! You are very creative :)