Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A wonderful Saturday afternoon!




Of course I am referring to the 16 hour labor that ended Saturday, November 8th at 4:00 pm with the birth of Cassius Opal Saunders. He was by far the longest and most difficult labor of all the boys which can be attributed to his size 8 lbs 11 ounces and the enormity of his head 15 inches (the average newborn's head is 12). I say it was the longest and most difficult for me but in retrospect I only pushed for 6 minutes which seems like an eternity (I only pushed twice Cole and Finn) and though labor was 16 hours, contractions only lasted 6 and I had a great big epidural to help me out!




I am relieved to be unpregnant! I haven't thrown up once since he was born and I no longer feel like I am going to die during childbirth! Of course I am still a weepy mess (thank you hormones) and I forgot how little sleep a new mommy gets. However, I am so grateful to have a healthy baby and I feel so much hope and excitement moving forward with my new little family. Since this is our final baby I have been particularly sentimental and manical in my photojournalism of this event. Sorry for so many pics, I couldn't help myself.



8 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ooo! He's a squishy little newborn! He looks darling! Good luck with the no sleep thing. I can't wait to come and meet him!

Jenn said...

He is gorgoues! I gotta tell you--there are very few newborns that look that good! Now I just need to know when to come get his brothers, and when to bring food...

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful baby boy! The work we do to have these babies. What a trooper you are! There's something special about those last babies-take in and enjoy every moment! I can't wait to see him-I need a baby fix.

libbie said...

Oh MY! He really does have a big head! But its sooooo cute! I am so glad you are not pregnant anymore either. You sure get screwed in that department, being sick the whole time. No fun at all!! I can't wait to meet that little guy!

erinka said...

It's not fair. You're even gorgeous just having delivered a baby. No wonder your boys are so cute. The big ones sometimes sleep better sooner - if that's any help. I'm so excited for you guys! There's nothing like a new baby in the house - makes it feel like the temple when you hold him, drinking him in with your eyes. They definitely bring heaven with them, which is much easier to recognize when you've had a little sleep. You guys are great.

SnellieFam said...

I can't believe that you are already blogging! Both of you are beautiful!

The Yancey Family said...

Hooray! Congratulations! He is so so cute! Hopefully you settle into a routine quickly and can get some sleep! That is the only part of having a newborn that I can't handle! I would probably have ten kids if babies slept through the night! Again, Congrats! I can't wait to meet him!

Chadlee said...

He's so cute! Congrats!