Sunday, November 23, 2008

The house is quiet...

...the boys are at church and Cash is asleep in his swing. Josh and I agreed to keep Cash home from church, for now. Church is one place I have a hard time stopping people from touching my brand new baby. I have never had a newborn during cold and flu season and perhaps I am a little paranoid about germs. I remember when Cole was 6 months old and got the flu. He threw up so much that he lost 5 lbs! There is nothing worse than a sick baby, you can't tell them that they need to stay hydrated or they are going to end up in the ER with an IV in their little hand/arm.

Cole and Finn were up/showered/fed/dressed by 9:30 a full hour and a half before church. No thanks to me. My Heaven-sent-husband did all the "heavy lifting" this morning. Josh is just as tired as I am after a rough night with Cash. A night in which Josh awoke with me at each feeding and tickled my back as I nursed Cash (I didn't ask him too, that's just how thoughtful he is). A night when Cash had a huge blow-out that Josh changed on his side of the bed resulting in yellow poop all over his side of the sheets. I came downstairs this morning to find the boys looking very respectable (not always the case when daddy dresses them, he picks the weirdest outfits sometimes) listening to Chopin and eating breakfast.

I just want it on record so that if/when things get rocky I can remember my amazing husband and his true Christ-like example in my life. He loves his family so much and is the hardest-working man I have ever known. Thank you babe for what you do for me and our children.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

It warms my heart when Kraig pulls out stuff like that, so I can imagine how you feel. Sometimes I think that the mechanics of our family would grind to a halt if I weren't there to grease things up, but then Kraig will pull out something fantastic like Josh did and my faith is restored.

Well done, Josh!