Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get this baby out of me...

MOM DON'T READ THIS, IT'S NOT VERY LADY-LIKE

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I feel blessed to be able to carry children and birth healthy babies, but for me it takes an incredible toll on my mind and body. Lately our home life has been pretty disrupted by my frequent teary outbursts and insane fear of dying during labor and delivery.

Josh went with me to my appt yesterday, I think he wanted to make sure that I didn't put on a brave face for the doctor, don't worry I didn't. I broke down into a hysterical tear-soaked rant about having a giant 12 pound baby and a brain aneurism and dying. You see I have this fear that since my first two labors were so short and easy that this one is going to be terrible. I've had it to easy and I am petrified that while pushing I will have a stroke or aneurism and die. I am not irrational, I have never had that kind of fear and now it is so real I can taste it. I don't sleep at night and like I said, I cry a lot during the day. Doc was great. His solution, AMBIEN. He said I needed to get some sleep, that not sleeping can make things seem a lot worse. Hearing this helped a little and after a full 8 hours of wakeless sleep last night I do feel better. However, after my exam (cervix check,etc) he said "trust me this baby is probably just going to fall out." I don't know if that was an insult to my vagina or him trying to make me feel better. It's not very often that your ob/gyn calls you "loose."

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hahahahaha That's a new one--being called 'loose' by your doctor.

I was an emotional mess when I had Andrew. Same thing--irrational thoughts, no sleeping, crying constantly. At my tearful Dr's appointment on my due date the doctor walked in and without even checking my cervix said, "Jacqui, you're there. Let's induce tomorrow" Good man. Good man. I hope I can find another doctor like him here in the big city.

SnellieFam said...

You kill me! You are hilarious! Sounds like the boys need to come and play! I can't wait to see this baby!

Elizabeth said...

Don't worry, you're not alone-I remember the same fears.I hope you're finally sleeping-I think that's the worst part, when you can't sleep and you have nothing better to do than worry. Just think.. he's coming soon one of these days!

The Yancey Family said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I burst out loud laughing when I read it! I hope you have that baby soon too, I totally feel your pain!

libbie said...

I am certain he was insulting your loose vagina. After all, he was probably sick of all your crying and carrying on. Hee Hee! I love you my "loose" friend. And soon it will all be over!

erinka said...

Babies, babies. Even after you've had a couple, they still catch you by surprise. For something so heavenly and sweet, they can sure bring a lot of trouble. That whole opposition thing. You are awesome.

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

Seems like your doc is trying to tell you something...he's got a crush on you...maybe, just going about it the wrong way?!! I hope all goes well for you and your little family!