Friday, January 2, 2009

"Da Da"

Everything in our house is "da da." No that is not how Finn says daddy, that is how Finn says Star Wars. You see, Cole walks around the house incessantly singing the Darth Vader theme song "da da da da-da-da da-da-da." Finn must have thought "da da" was it's actual name because Star Wars is now "da da."


Cole with his coveted double-bladed light saber

Christmas morning we're opening presents at Momo's house. Cole unwraps a very cool human anatomy book and becomes engrossed in it. He is still reading this book even as he unwraps, what I thought he would love, The Clone Wars light saber duels for the Wii. He doesn't even give the game a second look he just tosses it to his pile where it slides down underneath some clothes. Finn sees this and comes tearing across the room, he crawls over Josh and pushes Cole's head out of the way as he dives for the new Star Wars' game. He grabs it from under the pile and thrusts it triumphantly in the air (think Arthur unsheathing Excalibur) and yells "DA DA!" Best Christmas morning memory for me (other than the truck surprise!).


Finn jumping off the ground in his "da da" t-shirt.


Finn coloring his "da da" coloring book.


Finn hitting himself in the face cause he's so excited about "da da."

P.S. I swore I would never buy my children licensed merchandise (I hate Mickey Mouse, Spongebob, Barbie, etc crap). The things we do for love!

4 comments:

SnellieFam said...

So cute! Wat was the truck surprise?

The Yancey Family said...

I also swore that my children would never wear licensed characters! I have relaxed a little, Claire can wear whatever she wants on her pajamas. I think boys are different though, Star Wars isn't nearly as bad as Mickey Mouse or Dora!

libbie said...

for some reason this makes me want a boy. i guess i just think its cute how excited yours get over star wars!

Jacqui said...

YA, what was the truck surprise?

I love Finn's spikey hair. It cracks me up!

My brother has always had hair like that and we've called him 'Fuzzy' his whole life. He's almost 40 :)