Friday, January 2, 2009

Dear Santa...

I think I have already said this was the best Christmas ever. As I go through pictures I feel high from the sheer joy I felt this year. I stood in the living room on Christmas night and listened to the crying trio of three exhausted and overstimulated boys and still felt so invigorated and alive!

I wanted to include these pictures in my blog because I feel so grateful, daily, that Heavenly Father entrusted me with Cole. I feel he is special. I love my other children and adore them with equal ferocity but I have always felt Cole was golden. Does that make sense? He just gets it, and he's only 4! I think of him as my own little John Connor (does that make me Sarah Connor... I don't know). Cole was amazing this Christmas, I can't share why because it's our little secret. I will simply say he is so selfless for a little guy and only asked for one thing from Santa... a double-bladed light saber.


Cole writing his letter to Santa.


"Dear Santa, I want a double blue light saber. Love, Cole."


Cole sounded out, by himself, the word sleigh (top left corner "SLA"). Not bad for his first try!


Cole's picture of Santa and his reindeer. Can you see Rudolph at the front?

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is precious. In that first photo he looks just like a miniture Josh.

I can't wait for the day when I start recognizing what Andy's drawing! And That's amazing that Cole can write and spell. What a genius!

libbie said...

he is golden! Cole is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see that little guy again!