Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finnegan McCool...



...is two years old. He turned two on the 5th and I am a terrible mother and I didn't immortalize it with a blogpost. I probably love him less cause he's my middle child... just kidding Nate! Better late than never!

Finnegan Douglas Saunders, born March 5, 2007. Came in an ounce shy of 8 lbs. He came two weeks early after I spent three months on bed rest, pre-eclamptic. I only had to push twice with Finn, I told my nurse "I really feel like pushing" so he said "Let's give it a try." I pushed, he yelled "stop pushing, stop pushing." The next push was with the doctor and out Finn came. Full head of dark hair, Hammond nose and stunning blue eyes with en eerie white ring around the pupil (which he still has, check it out next time you see him).



Today, Finn still has the same blue eyes and Hammond nose but now he has bright blonde hair that stands up in every direction. He loves "bow" (blocks), "da-da", "nandy" (candy), "meet-mee" (movie), and above all else... "ole" (Cole). Finn is speech delayed which may be attributed to the chronic ear infections he has, and will hopefully be remedied by an adnoidectomy and myringotomy scheduled for Wednesday.



The only other person Finn loves as much as "ole" is Momo (who doesn't love Momo?). When Finn gets in trouble and I put him in time out he cries "MOOOOOOOMOOOOOOO!" Like she will magically appear and save him from mean mommy. Anyway, Momo was gracious enough to throw Finn's birthday party. It wouldn't be a Denise Hammond event if it didn't have a theme, decor and delicious food. I give you Finn's "Block" Party.


Momo's centerpiece a Finn masterpiece


Finn and Momo playing playdough


Finn was terrified of his adorable block cake,
so he had Cole help him blow out the candle.

It was a wonderful day, he received an embarassing amount of gifts which Cole has loved as much as Finn. Finn brings much insanity to my life but I wouldn't trade him for anything...who wants well-mannered children right? He has laughing eyes that fill me with joy and I feel blessed to be steward of this choice and strong-willed spirit. One last item, Uncle Bryson sent a wonderful gift to Finn from a cool dessert boutique out in CA. I assumed it was a family gift since I ate most of them. Here is a picture, I just loved beautiful AND delicious food. Happy Birthday Finn!

4 comments:

libbie said...

Happy Birthday to Finn! I love you! I love your party! And I love Momo!

Jacqui said...

I love Finn too. He cracks me up.

Cute party. What a great idea! I loved that there were big block on the cake too:)

SnellieFam said...

He is so darling! You are blessed to have him. You will probably feel more blessed after Wednesday!

erinka said...

Beautiful! Don't you just get goosebumps sometimes thinking about what the kids will be like when they grow up? Exciting and scary at the same time.