Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I don't "go green"...

...except on St. Patty's Day! Cole and I have been studying Ireland and "the denigration caused by sterotyping a country through hurtful images like Leprachauns and green beer." Well, so we didn't study that but I laughed when I stumbled upon an Irish lesson plan that talked about America's oppression of Ireland through St. Patrick's Day... who don't we oppress nowadays (that was meant sarastically!). Back on track, we had a great day St. P-day! We made and set a leprachaun trap...



We had Irish stew and mini cheddar scones...

We watched Cole in his preschool St. Patty's Day show, he was the main leprachaun...



And we made Bakerella's Shamrock truffles. Cole said, "apparently these are my new favorite dessert." He's really into "apparently" before any sentence...

(Picture from Bakerella's site, I didn't take pics of mine but they turned out well)

4 comments:

libbie said...

Cole is the cutest leprechaun ever!

Jacqui said...

ooo. Those look good. Would they make good easter egg shaped truffles?

Chadlee said...

Wow you went all out. I just went to the Bakerella site, I had never heard of it. Wow!

Elizabeth said...

Can you come and be my kids mom for St. Patricks day? You do such a good job. The truffles look like something I could eat and eat and I absolutely love the picture of Cole as a leprechaun-so cute!