Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Divas are not made...

...they're born. -unknown

I haven't been blessed with a little girl.
And no, there was no sarcasm in my voice when I said "blessed."

I always knew I would be a mother of boys. That doesn't mean I would've minded a sweet little girl to temper my rambunctious brood. But, she probably wouldn't have been sweet, she probably would've been a diva. Especially coming at the end of 3 boys. She would have been spoiled, and the worst offender would most definitely have been Josh. So, most of the time I am happy I never had a little girl (and don't say "it's not too late" cause Josh already had the "snip snip" so unless it's immaculate conception, we're done).

And of course...
I have Cash.
Who, you may not know, is aspiring to be a little girl. Just today he said "when I turn into a girl I am going to paint my nails."

I am not concerned...
...maybe I should be.


This is Cash on Valentine's Day. That is Lila's shirt, see her here. Momo bought her a ruffled cap-sleeve sparkly shirt (that's a lot of adjectives.) Cash threw a fit and wanted to wear it.

Which he did...
...to his preschool party.


This is Cash in his cousin's bow. He wore it all day. Even to the playground.

I don't really mind. I figure it's self-expression. I am sure it bothers Josh. He hasn't expressed concern but here's why I think he's a tad bit worried.

There are a lot of fears for first-time parents. You can take anything as long as the baby is healthy. That's the number one concern. Not for Josh. When we were pregnant with Cole his biggest concern was that Cole was going to be born a hermaphrodite and that we would have to choose. He had it worked out that it would be better to have a masculine little girl so she could get lacrosse scholarships.

So maybe he is worried about his feminine little boy.
Except Cash isn't feminine at all.
He is all-boy.

Climbing, jumping, running, spitting, penis-talk, Star Wars, Ninjago, dogs, outdoors...and pink sparkly hearts. Who said pink sparkly hearts were only for little girls? I love that kid.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Laena said...

Ahahahaha!!! That is awesome! I am so glad you posted this! Didn't they dress Lila up as a boy and pass her off as one at church or something? Cash is awesome! And his little, tiny, squeaky voice is the best. I love the bow. Seriously, he is awesome!!! I love that kid!

Laena said...

And hopefully one day I'll give you lots more nieces (or at least a few), and you and Josh can spoil THEM!

Erika said...

Yes, Libbie's sister dressed Lila up as a boy and took her to church and introduced her as "Gary." She is all-girl but I know she'll be able to keep pace with the boys this summer.

I am counting on more nieces. Tons of them.

Josh said...

Rule of thumb is, begin worrying when he wears leggings and a mini skirt for the first time...otherwise, go nuts. ;)

Erika said...

Lol. Thanks for the advice Josh. Are you speaking from personal experience?