Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sometimes being a brother...

...is even better than being a superhero. -Unknown

I have a little band of brothers under my conductorship.
So, I hope it's true.

Because some days the insults hurled about are simply soul-crushing. What is it about family? You know where it hurts and you have no shame exploiting those weaknesses. I know it's unmotherly of me but I would rather them fist fight then say such terrible things to each other.

Luckily, I have a superior half in this parental battle and he's adamant that these boys will be best friends. And you know what? Sometimes I think it's working.

Yesterday, I was folding laundry on my bed and I heard Cole come in from the school bus. Finn was waiting for him, as usual, he was so excited to show Cole the DS game he had earned. This is where I marvel at little boys, Finn immediately handed the DS to Cole to play. What did Finn do while Cole played? He watched over his shoulder of course.



They stood like this for 35 minutes. I understand the fun for Cole, but where's the enjoyment for Finn. He was just as excited for Cole. Shouting things like "go up there" or "kick that guy's face off."



I finally suggested the boys go sit down and be comfortable.



I had to step over them about 100 times, but at least Finn's cries of "you are so amazing Cole" filled the home with brotherly love.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Laena said...

First this made me laugh. Then it made me cry. I love these boys so much. And man, I miss them! And in case you forgot, Morgan and I were AWFUL to each other as kids, but we had these ridiculous, lovey moments too. And now I'm actually considering living with that particular brother. Unless I decide to live with you and the other one. And I actually enjoy being around him. So there's hope. Yep, I need to go cry some more now. I miss you all so much. Love you!