Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Items...

FREEDOM

Cole is now FREE from nighttime pullups! Hip hip hooray! I told him that if he woke up three nights in a row with a dry pullup that I would allow him to start sleeping in his underwear. I expected this to take some time but I should have known that my golden boy would do it immediately. And now he has gone 10 nights with NO accidents! Now I only have two boys in diapers. Next up... potty-training Finn! YIKES!

BEAUTY

Yes, after 6 weeks of renovating the first property is finally ready to rent. IT IS GORGEOUS! If I do say so myself. Josh did an amazing job making it look quite glamourous but affordable. He posted it last night on Craig's List and the Air Force rental page and he's already received a couple calls to show it! Here are a few before and after pics. New paint, new windows, new doors, new carpet, new tile, new granite, new fixtures, new closets. I want to move in!


KITCHEN BEFORE


KITCHEN AFTER


FAMILY ROOM BEFORE


FAMILY ROOM AFTER


BATHROOM BEFORE


BATHROOM AFTER


TRUTH

I can officially play 3 chords on my shiny guitar, that's the truth: D, C, and D7. Another truth, I wish I would have learned to play when I was younger because my old brain is exhausted after my daily practice sessions. The first song I want to learn to play is "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. Aiming high!

LOVE

I love red meat. Maybe it's all that time being pregnant...craving red meat and being so averse to chicken. But let's face it, meat is expensive, especially the 93% lean ground beef. So I have been trying to prepare at least three vegetarian meals a week. I stretch our little 1 lb portions of ground beef out over 2-3 meals, making my spahetti/chili/enchiladas less meaty. Finally we are out of ground beef. This meant a trip to Costco. I haven't been there in a while so this may not be new to you but it is new to me. They now sell ground beef in large tubes, I mean really large tubes...10 lbs large! I LOVE IT! Josh and I couldn't stop giggling about it, you can imagine lots of pithy remarks.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Three cheers for the rental property! It looks beautiful! I wish I had granite countertops in my rental property :)

And well done getting Cole out of pullups. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and let Andy try. I just can't seem to want to face the added laundry yet.

If you're cooking ground beef recipes a lot, I think we need to swap some recipes. I'm in a serious recipe funk. please share!

libbie said...

I LOVE it! Josh did such a good job. But that, of course, is to be expected! And good job Cole! Pull ups are expensive. Ava wakes up in the middle of the night and changes her peed pullup into a dried one. Uhg. So we basically go through 2 a night. little turkey.

The Yancey Family said...

The rental looks AWESOME!! I wish I could live there! Yeah for Cole! Claire is completely out of pull-ups too and it's so great! It really does save a lot of money too!

I also think the great big tubes of meat are funny and basically beg for a filthy joke. We have dirty minds!

Elizabeth said...

The house is BEAUTIFUL! What a good job Josh did. It's always nice to kick pullups to the curb. I bet he is so proud of himself and how nice for you!

LAENA said...

Man I miss you guys! I'm so glad I have your blog. Otherwise I think I might go insane not knowing what was happening every moment I'm away. I check the blog for new postings at least twice a week. Imagine what it will be when I can check from my home :) But every time I read it, I think "how am I so lucky to be part of all this?" My family rocks! And somehow each new addition immediately lives up to that standard. Anyway, thought I should finally comment. Maybe one day I'll blog myself. Love you guys!

Liz said...

You have a blog! I didn't know you had a blog! Thanks for your comment on my photography. I would LOVE to get my camera on your boys. Next reunion.... :0)

*This property looks beautiful. I am impressed. I did not know you and Josh flipped homes!

Liz said...

Oh hey, wow, and I just checked back on my "hullabaloo" comment section and noticed more comments! :0) Thanks so much for what you said there, too. The race card that was pulled absolutely nettled. Ah well, what's life without a little drama, right? (I hate drama). :0)