Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The new-ness of new

As you have probably already noticed, I have a new blogger skin and title. I was watching the "Moulin Rouge," one of my favorite movies, and found my new title. Talouse Lautrec asks Christian if he believes in "freedom, beauty, truth and love," the prerequisites to being a Bohemian revolutionary. The Bohemians challenged the status-quo. While I don't necessarily agree with the entirety of their counter-culture I do believe in the Bohemian ideas of freedom, beauty, truth and love.

FREEDOM
How come there has been no discussion in main stream media about the SUCCESS of Iraq's recent election? It went off without a hitch, and was mainly carried out by Iraq's own security forces! To think about democracy going forth in this world gives me goose bumps because I know there is no other way for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to thrive than in a free land!

BEAUTY
I put together an evening in Shanghai for one of Josh's Valentine's days. I am pretty proud of my arrangements, roses and carnations (I hate carnations but they were on sale) in take out boxes. Here is a pic of my arrangement, gorgeous slice of chocolate cake and a champagne flute of milk.



TRUTH
Truth...Cole and Finn need haircuts, BAD! They look like Harry and Lloyd. See for yourselves.



LOVE
Josh asked my family if they would give him a work day at the rental property. Of course they agreed and showed up on Saturday to paint/caulk and spakle. My family spent the whole day there as did my kids. The kids loved getting dirty and playing in the paint, needless to say they had no naps which eventually led to a wonderful late afternoon meltdown. My mom, always sensitive to everyone else's needs, put down her paint brush and rocked a very fussy Cash on the back porch. Next thing I know, Momo is rocking a fussy Cash AND Finn. Of course Cole didn't want to be left out so he leaned against Momo's back. They all fell asleep that way. And my mom... she didn't budge. Even though I knew her back was on fire and her butt was asleep she let the boys sleep.

My family may be a whole lot of crazy but they truly walk the walk. They don't just say they love you, they show it with everything they are. I think they are pretty amazing and I am grateful they are such amazing examples of Christ-like love!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is a darling photo of Denise. What a precious thing that they all fell asleep with her--and in such awkward positions!

I have the same feeling about the war. The media makes it up to be this terrible thing (ok, war is terrible), but Bush has brought democrary to the middle east. Not an easy task.

libbie said...

OH.MY.Gosh. That picture of Cole and Finn is FREAKING amazing! Hilarious! And I LOVE Momo! She is awesome! Good work on the Valentines dinner too. could you get any more amazing???

The Yancey Family said...

I love this post! Cole and Finn's hair is awesome! I love the V-day stuff you are doing, you are such a sweet wifey. I was just thinking when I wrote V-day above that you could shorten it to V.D., then you could have your motto be "Let's Celebrate V.D.!" I like it!

Also, I have never met your mom, but I love her already. All the things I hear from you and Libbie make her sound so wonderful!!