Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Where did summer go...

... and can it please come back?

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would race down the streets on your bike? You'd fly through the summer air and pray for it to never end! Today I watched my boys take flight. It was a wonderful thing to behold. It was even better when Cole discovered that his bike flipped over and became his own factory. I delighted in his creativity and giggled inside because I used to do the same thing. My bike became a chocolate or peanut butter factory. I would turn the pedals and the wheels would turn like cogs in a machine. Cole was much healthier than I was at that age because his factory was a milk factory.





Thank you summer for such great memories!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Andy always tells me he's getting gas when his wheels spin like that. Weird, but I didn't think we spent that much time at the gas stations

Liz said...

Oh so fun! You should move to San Diego! ;) It's perpetual summer down here. :0)

Elisha said...

Just think... now that summer is almost over you can delight in the fact that it is ONLY 2 months till your favorite day, Halloween. And really one 1 month until Hilda is put up!