Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Future...

... we are really enjoying our road trip to Seattle. But will you do me a favor, could you please slow down? Stop coming at me and just let me live in the now! This trip has provided so many great memories which I will keep forever. But it is also giving me glimpses into the future... a future I am just not ready for. As we drove into Couer d'Alene tonight, the sun was setting in front of us, casting a warm pink glow on the lake and trees. In the failing light I glanced back at Cole and saw two little feet propped up on the seat.



In that moment I saw a flash of Cole as a teenager, all legs and giant feet (like his daddy). My heart turned over in my chest and my head reeled. I don't want these moments to end. So, please, take a vacation future.

3 comments:

SnellieFam said...

Time is flying! Jake starts second grade today, and it makes me realize we will never get this time back.

Jacqui said...

I swear that two posts ago you were so anxious for all the boys to be off an in school...but I digress.

I completely agree. Andy's getting so big, I can hardly fit him in my lap to cuddle. It won't be long before he doesn't want to cuddle with his mama anymore

Liz said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto! TOO FAST!