Thursday, July 16, 2009

What the world really needs is more love...

... less paper work. (Pearl Bailey)

It's true. One week of kindergarten and Cole has brought home at least 5 pieces of paper a day. I am coming to the realization that I get as much homework as Cole does! Forms and more forms to fill out.

How long to you save their papers? We have total meltdowns if Cole finds one of his papers in the trash. Since Cole started preschool I have been taking pictures of his best works of art. My intent is to have a book made of his art collection. But what do I do with the handwriting practice sheets and math problems? Am I an ice queen if I just want to purge them immediately? I can't stand the clutter.

What do you think of saving his work in a binder so that at the end of the year he can see how far he has come? Then I can throw it away and start a fresh one for first grade!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I think a binder is a great idea! Then maybe once you get to the end of the year, your heart will melt and you'll decide to let him actually keep it! A few years from now it would be quite a treasure!

Liz said...

Oh geez! And people are all worried about gas emissions and global warming! Maybe they should start with conservation efforts aimed at the kindergarten paper capers. :0)

I think your idea of a binder is a great one. You could get those sheet protectors and, like Angie said, maybe start a collection for him for future laughs. Good luck!

Jacqui said...

PS do you save everything the kids bring home from primary and nursery? We don't. We wait until daddy sees it and then it goes in the circular file when the kids are in bed.

Jacqui said...

I think those are good ideas. You could also scan in his good papers and then you wouldn't even have to save them until the end of the school year. But then again, he can hold that binder in his hand and feel proud.