Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"You lift me and I'll lift thee...

... and together we'll ascend." I don't know who said it but I think it applies beautifully to marriage. Josh and I celebrated 8 years in December. I would like to say it was a perfect anniversary, it would have been except for the "unfortunate" incident of 2009. And that's all I am saying about that.

Let me share with you the two most intimate secrets behind our marital bliss...

He likes the leafy part of the broccoli and I like the trunk.

He likes the center of the brownie pan and I like the crusty edges.

That's why we work. I love you, babe. You are ascending much quicker than me,you might have to air lift me to your celestial plane.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I totally want to know what the incident was...I expect details later.

You two are an example to us, for sure. Congrats on 8 years!

The Yancey Family said...

The old TUI-09, bummer! Hopefully 2010's anniversary will be full of extreme joy...and other things ;)

Seriously though, you guys are an example to us too! We love you and congrats!