Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nothing worse...

...than a sick baby.

Though he's not a baby anymore, Cole has been sick for five days now. It's heartbreaking and exhausting at the same time. Is that so outrageous to say? He is super-cuddly when he is ill, he just wants to sit right on top of me and watch movies and doze. I enjoy his little bony body nestled against my side and I love the smell of his pina colada shampoo. I really don't mind his being sick until he turns his head TOWARD my face and open-mouth coughs all over me. It happens 100 times a day and each time I say "please cough into your elbow, not into my mouth." It quickly diminishes any revery I may be enjoying on the topic of motherhood. Sometimes being a mother is just kind of...gross. Then again...


No he's not watching tv...

...he's so sick that he's asleep...

...sitting up...with his hand in his pants.

I love this little boy.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Sometimes the only cuddles we get are when they're sick.

Those photos are classic

libbie said...

Poor Baby! I love the Cole Face. And I LOVE that he has his hands down his pants. I am quite certain he learned that from his daddy!

The Yancey Family said...

Aww, Poor Cole! Are your other kids sick too? Both my girls have strep throat right now, but they are past the cuddly phase and onto the really annoying "feeling good enough to play, but still too sick to go anywhere" phase and we all have cabin fever. I am going crazy! I hope Cole feels better soon!