Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mr. Saunders turns 30

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... 30 reasons I am grateful you were born!


1. You know the difference between there, their and they're.
2. You hate video games.
3. You come up with the best analogies to explain difficult subjects.
4. You can eat an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies (5 dozen) all by yourself.
5. Your dad's a gourmet chef and you still think my chocolate cake is the best thing you've ever eaten.
6. You love Christmas with a childlike exuberance.
7. You are an All-American lacrosse player.
8. You are getting hotter with age.
9. You think the perfect night out involves a trip to Home Depot.
10. You are the best big brother and love your siblings with all your heart.
11. You are so competitive which makes you great at everything you do.
12. You love HGTV and aren't embarassed to admit it.
13. You endure your job so that I can stay home.
14. You make the best malts.
15. You genuinely like talk radio.
16. Your dad voice brings immediate peace and quiet in a way my voice can't.
17. You have the sexiest singing voice, like Bing Crosby.
18. You understand me so completely that I feel like the best version of myself when we're together.
19. You have to finish a movie even if you've seen it 100 times.
20. You love my mom as much as I love my mom.
21. You go to the gym every morning (usually) because you really believe your body is a temple. (Which it is and I love to worship it!)
22. You watch reruns of "The Office" and laugh as though you've never seen it before
23. You have an opinion on home decor and fashion.
24. You look hot in hats.
25. You value integrity above all else.
26. You love our boys, even though they're mommas boys, and are giving them the best example of the type of man they should aspire to be.
27. You love our country and cherish freedom.
28. You made me a mother and think I am the best even though I am pretty sure I'm the worst.
29. You made me a wife and think I am the hottest... and I agree.
30. You love our Lord and Savior with such a fervor, as evidenced by everything you do.

It isn't fair to the world the amount of happiness you bring me. I can't imagine my life without you and do not wish to even fathom the thought. One post is not adequate to express how amazing you are but our friends don't want to read much more than that. Happy Birthday my love.

4 comments:

SnellieFam said...

so sorry we missed the party! My kids were in melt down mode by 6:00. Happy birthday Josh!

The Yancey Family said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I love the list, especially #1, I can't stand it when people mix up their and they're, also your and you're. It drives me crazy! You guys are a wonderful couple and we love you!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Josh. It was a fantastic pary as always! Thanks for inviting us. I should of done a list for Trent at thirty, I better start on the list for 40. By the way only my younger two still believe in Santa, I make the other two still "believe" for the other two's sake. See you on Wed.

The Yancey Family said...

P.S. Ericka, I absolutely LOVED that post you did about Cash getting bigger and the feelings you have as a mother about him. It made me cry! You were able to put those feelings into words that I could never have done even though I have had those same thoughts! I love, love, loved it!!