Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The perfect night in.

So, I don't know how to tell this story without sounding braggy. Perhaps I should keep it to myself but here's the thing... I am not good at expressing myself in person and if I don't write it down he won't know how amazing he makes me feel. So either bear with me or don't read on. What I mean is that it is hard for me to show how happy/sad I am, probably because of pride. Whatever the reason this means that I have a hard time showing how much I love my husband to my husband. When he comes home from a business trip I am so excited to see him. I count down the seconds till he is home and when he walks through the door I am bubbling inside with joy. I am not, however, effusive and though I want to run and jump into his arms (which would make him so happy) I can barely manage more than a smile. What is wrong with me? Probably a lot. I am not good at expressing my feelings in person, I am however good at expressing them in writing.

We got home later than expected from our trip to AZ. We avoided the 5 hour delays on I-25 between Colorado Springs and Denver by taking Highway 83 (Parker Rd) all the way up. Nevertheless it still put us into Denver later than we expected. You can imagine after two days of traveling in the car with three crazy boys, how hungry I was to be away from them. I know that's harsh but Cole teased Finn 90 percent of the car ride and Finn's response was to scream in this high-pitched girly voice.

We got the topper unloaded, the trash out and the walks shoveled and then we put the kids into bed. Then Josh and I headed to bed where we watched "Hancock" on his computer and enjoyed sushi (which I can't get enough of since I am no longer preggers). Then Josh turned to me and said, "I want you to know how much I appreciate what you went through to bring our children into this world. Not just the labor and delivery but the months of barfing. I wanted you to know how much you mean to me so I got you something." He then pulled out a small brown and green box. Inside was the most gorgeous diamond ring. The man who HATES jewelery and everything it stands for bought me 2-carats woth of pave diamonds in the most unique and beautiful setting. And he did it just because. The ring is awesome and something I could never buy myself. I feel so glamorous doing anything and everything. I went to Walmart in it, pumped gas in it and even changed diapers in it.

I really don't know what I did/do to deserve a man like Josh. He's not perfect but he tries to be. I love my life with him and will endeavor to show him that more often.

8 comments:

SnellieFam said...

Wow! It's beautiful! You are a very lucky woman, but let's face it, Josh is also a very lucky man!

Jacqui said...

Holy Smokes! That's beautiful! I agree with Nicole--good choices all the way around :)

Elizabeth said...

What a lucky girl you are! Everyone loves a little sparkle-I agree I would wear it anywhere and everywhere. The appreciation of words is nice to. I agree with Nicole, Josh is a lucky man.

libbie said...

OH.MY.GOSH. I LOOOOOOOOVE IT! I also love that you went to Walmart in it! Girlfriend! I would go everywhere in that ring. Tell Josh he can go ahead an buy me one of those next!!! You really are lucky. Josh is awesome. Thats why we all love him. But I have to say that he is also very lucky to have you. You're amazing, even when you are barfing for 9 months!

The Yancey Family said...

I.AM.SO.JEALOUS! (I copied the format of that first sentence from Libbie, in case you didn't notice) I love love love it too! And I really am jealous! Good Job, Josh! Brett's number is 509-438-...., you know it, go ahead and have Josh call and give Brett some pointers for me, will ya?
I am actually quite pleased with my hubby overall, but he is such a dodo when it comes to buying gifts. I have to tell him exactly what I want, where to get it, put cash into an envelope for him, pack a lunch in case he gets hungry while he's gone, then wrap it for myself when he gets home! You are a lucky girl! But he is also one lucky guy!

Chadlee said...

That ring is gorgeous! What a nice surprise. I can't wait to see it. Also a nice ending to your trip. I cringed reading about your traveling. It is so hard traveling with little kids.

erinka said...

Aaaaaah. It's beautiful! And all you did was be yourself, and a great wife, and a willing mother. But you already knew Josh thought you were all that, right?

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR RING, I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!! You are one lucky girl (and if I may say so myself I think that Josh is a pretty lucky guy!). You both go so great together. I remember babysitting Sydney with you in Pullman and while putting together a 1,000,000 piece puzzle you were talking to your mom on the phone about hom much you love Josh and the certain things that he does to make you love him even more. It gives me some hope!!!! Love you both.