Saturday, August 27, 2011

Only he that has traveled the road...

...knows where the holes are deep. -Chinese Proverb (Supposedly)

The tree planting continues.
We've got a lot of holes.
They're fun, and a little dangerous.

Did you think we were digging 6-foot-deep holes with a shovel? Hahahahahaha. Nope, tree planting is an excuse for the big boys to rent big toys.



The excavator came first so the big boys decided to dig the holes plotted out on the design. You can imagine what that meant for the little boys.



Hours of enjoyment.

Wednesday morning Josh and I were taking out the trash. Not as simple as it sounds. We have to load the garbage cans into the truck and drive them down the driveway, out the gate, and to the main road. We were trying to be proactive and decided to load some debris that was left by the shed. We backed the truck in, hauled up the trash, and jumped back in to get to "the curb." Josh cranked the wheel and rolled forward...right into a hole. WHAM!



I was in the passenger seat.
I wasn't wearing my seat belt.
I got whiplash from our 4-foot drop.

Luckily it was a smaller hole dug to access an electrical box. Double luckily (yes I just said that), we still had the Bobcat so Josh was able to tow the truck from the hole with ease. "El Jefe" was present, as always, to supervise.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine what would happen out there if "El Jefe" wasn't there to supervise and keep everyone in line!!!

Aunt Char.

Erika said...

I mostly like his face when el jefe knows he's being photographed!

Thanks for commenting.

Jacqui said...

That is crazy. Well, at least if Josh loses interest in the hotel business...and the real estate business...he could make a decent living being an excavator :) The possibilities are endless!

Erika said...

Jacqui,
I don't know about that! All it's really done is convict my dad and Josh that they really need their own tractor! Geez.

PA said...

...the difference between men and boys...

$$$$$$$$

Erika said...

LOL PA. I hope that's not the only difference!