Friday, August 19, 2011

It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful...

...but what you have in your heart. -unknown

This little man is in my heart,
because of what is in his pocket.



You long-time readers, aka my mom, might remember this post. I got such a kick out of Cole's treasures, I still wonder where the tiny light bulb came from! Anyway, it was equally heart-warming this morning when I uncovered Finn's pocket of sunshine.



INVENTORY OF FINN'S POCKET TREASURE:

1 Blue Bakugan
1 Plastic fire bomb for Medieval catapult
1 Female Lego head (just the head)
1 Bamboo shoot wrapped with duct tape(?)
9 One dollar bills (more money than I have)

What possesses a 4-year-old to pocket such a modge podge of items? What is the bamboo/duct tape stick, some kind of weapon? Nine dollars? Who's been to the house and is now $9 lighter?

I love this kid. I love his imagination and the machinations of his little brain. It's tiny glimpses of their unique spirits, like pocket treasure, that make it all worth while!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

Laena said...

I remember the post about Cole's pocket. I also remember Cole reminding you about you blogging about his pocket full of sunshine :) He was so proud to be a part of your blog...

I love Finn's pocket... maybe he can teach me how to get ahold of 9 one-dollar bills. I could totally use that skill!

Laena said...

And could his little face be any sweeter??? I doubt it!

Erika said...

He earned them. He informed me that every time he opens the gate for momo she gives him a dollar!

Jacqui said...

Momo gives him a dollar? That is quite the racket he has going there. If I were him, I would wait by the gate.

I remember that post, too, and think about it every time some "sunshine" goes through the wash bc I didn't empty the pockets.

Thank you for responding to all of my comments. It felt like a conversation almost:)

Erika said...

Jacqui,
I called u on you cell phone to have a real life conversation about 2 hours ago. I thought maybe you were sleeping!

libbie said...

I want to be Momo's gate opener!

Erika said...

Libbie,
I want you to be Momo's gate opener too! That would mean you lived here!