Thursday, September 8, 2011

A diamond is a chunk of coal...

...made good under pressure. -Henry Kissinger

My Cole is a diamond.
I actually call him our "golden boy" because he just gets it.
And, he can do better/more push ups than most of the men in my aquaintance.
With the exception of his father, which is obviously where he gets it from!





We were on Pearl Street in Boulder after hiking on Labor Day. Pearl Street is famous for their street performers aka hippies that don't want to get jobs or pay taxes but want to tell everyone else who has a job and pays taxes how to spend their money, but I digress. Cole crawled forward to get a front row seat. Seconds later the performer "Peter" pulled Cole from the audience because he liked Cole's faux-hawk. Cole told me afterward that his tummy was full of butterflies. I assured him that everyone feels that way in front of a crowd. He said, "I liked it."

Uh-oh... ...another hippy is born.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

PA said...

What a surprise, a Boulder hippie (probably a history or economics professor after Labor Day) bested by a 2nd grader from the country (eeeeeuuuu). Good thing the Boulderite didn't em-bare-ass himself further and ask Cole any policy questions.

Cole, YOU ROCK!!!

Liz said...

That was awesome.

Jacqui said...

Way awesome. I have no doubt that you have a performer in that little boy.

Erika said...

Pa- HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Liz- Thanks. My blog has no depth compared to yours. I aim to make people laugh while you aim to inspire. I wonder which is more valuable? Thanks for being a follower. I feel so cool.

Jacqui- Yes, I think you are right. I don't know how I feel about that.

Laena said...

That is the best ever!!! He is awesome! I so wish I could have been there to see that!


Loved your play on words by the way... genius! LOL

Laena said...

I think my favorite part, though, was actually when Josh said, "That's my boy!" :)

Erika said...

Thanks Laena. I wish you were there too. Bryson offered to quit his job and move home to homeschool the boys. I would love to him to have a co-teacher. He could teach mortgages and disney trivia and you could do everything else? How about it?

I hate my insane laugh in the video. Seriously, I sound crazy. I can't believe I laugh like that!

Laena said...

Haha! You laugh like that in all the videos I have of your boys too.

Hmmm... co-teaching with Bryson. I'm thinking that would be a great idea. Can you afford to support a 27-year-old woman who eats 5 burgers a week and likes to buy expensive gifts she can't afford? Perhaps we need to do some negotiating :)

I think I need to stay if Florida a little longer though so I can effectively teach them to surf and do all things beach bum! Which means I need to become an expert... so... that may take a while since I'm still terrified of the ocean.