Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whatever our souls are made of...

...his and mine are the same. -Emily Bronte

Each day, every day, I complete my ensemble with one vital accessory.
Do you know what it is?



A hair tie.
Or two.
On my wrist.
It's a habit.
Even if my hair is already up, I need extra hair ties, just in case.

The other day Josh and I were out, just the two of us. This meant I could have grown-up hair. Long, curly, not in a pony-tail. I felt HOT. Until it was literally hot. Too hot for grown-up hair. Luckily, I had my hair tie wristlet and could sweep my hair off my neck. But alas, the hair tie snapped. Grrr.

"Here," Josh said.
I looked down at his outsretched hand, there in his gorgeous palm was a perfect black hair tie.
I took it gingerly from his rough and callused hand and looked at him quizically.
"Don't worry," he said, "I've an extra if it breaks."
And there, on his wrist was a second hair tie.
I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes and said,
"I love you."

See...soul mates.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Laena said...

Wow!
Seriously... WOW!!!!!!!

Jacqui said...

Hmmm. So many questions. Does he always carry your hair ties on his wrist? Did he clean the house that day and just pick up the ones he found, intending to put them back in the bathroom? So random, but so cute.

Erika said...

Jacqui,
This particular time we had stayed in a hotel for a weekend and he saw them in the shower.

Laena,
Wow like you guys are weirdos? Or wow like Josh is the bomb?

libbie said...

I'm not even lying when I tell you that I always have a hair tie on my wrist, as well as in my hair. But the fact that Josh had not only one, but two . . . that is completely amazing. You're right. Soul mates. Awesome!

Laena said...

As in my brother is seriously the coolest. First the purple spoon... now this. Come on!!!

Liz said...

That is so sweet.